Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wedding inspiration - vintage style in full sunlight

I love how weddings these days are so much more free from convention than in the past. Call me a rebel, but most of the time all that ettiquette seems kind of a headache to me. Mainly because the bulk of it doesn't actually serve ANY purpose except to follow what couples did centuries before you. Which doesn't seem like a good enough reason to me. (I think I get these stubborn ways from my Dad. We grew up with the motto "Who says we have to be like everybody else?")

Even the awkward stepping-around-the-issue way you have to phrase invitations with lines like "if you would like to help us celebrate our wedding by contributing a gift..." makes us laugh.

But those things will be. Here's some inspiration from 100 Layer Cake blog that I love. I especially love how it is shot in full sunlight - an issue our photographer was concerned about because our wedding is a day-time one. All photographers have their fingers crossed for overcast days because it makes for better photos... but there is nothing I love more than some full sunshine!




P.S totally on a side note - isn't it weird how American weddings have like, 10 bridesmaids and 10 groomsmen? Whereas over here you'd have between 2 and 4? Random!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!